Come and join our team- We are always on the look out for talented people to join our expanding team. Do you have the skills and drive to excel in a successful organisation? We would love to hear from you.
We are currently recruiting for Network Engineers to join our expanding team.
This is a key role requiring enthusiasm, attention to detail and creativity from a customer focused individual who is also competent in seeing tasks through to conclusion. The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team.
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of our customers’ Servers, Client PC’s, switches, routers and network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks and wide area networks across the organisations.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with department heads to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs through monitoring and working on customer’s networks.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping,
- processes, and service records using our call management and remote monitoring software.
Configuration & Deployment
- Configure and deploy LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs,
- switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Configure and deploy new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Work with and as a member of the IT Solutions and Support Team to implement customer solutions, resolve issues and maintain their networks.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling customer objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Manage servers, including database, e-mail, printers, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
Relevant Knowledge and Experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN and WLAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general
- Full Clean Driving License
- network management best practices.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritise tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Two years prior technical (IT) exposure/experience highly favourable, preferably in an operational environment.
- Vendor certification of the following: Azure, Microsoft 365
- VMWare Experience
- SonicWALL Experience
- IT / ICT vocational or further education qualification would be advantageous
- Previous experience in a highly dynamic and fluid environment with a high degree of customer service.
- Help Desk / Technical support experience.
- Ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
- Ability to train others and generous with time to pass on knowledge.
- Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfilment Centre Automated Systems.
- Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement IT changes.
- Project management – technical task execution.
There will be a requirement to work an on-call rota approximately one weekend per month from Saturday 10am – 6pm and Sunday 12noon – 6pm
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Hours of work 8.45am to 5.15pm
If you are interested to find out more about this role please email us or simply send us a copy of your CV
Email your CV to: email@example.com quoting the reference number: NE/JAN2018