Come and join our team- We are always on the look out for talented people to join our expanding team. Do you have the skills and drive to excel in a successful organisation? We would love to hear from you.
1st / 2nd Line IT Support Engineer
- To provide first point contact for all customers and manage all incoming incident / support requests to agreed levels of service.
- To provide technical evaluations, undertaking complex problem solving and where required, working with other appropriate lines of service within the business.
- To communicate with all customers and stakeholders in a regular and timely manner ensuring they remain informed of progress.
- To be an active member of our busy team working hard to maintain service within SLA, escalating where issues may, and will, fall outside.
- To proactively manage distribution and life cycle of tickets within the CS team.
- To liaise with the “Development”, “Delivery” and “Operations” teams to aid the diagnosis of issues raised and review new features, before go-live, providing final sign off.
- To actively participate in regular customer service review meetings.
- To provide “out of hours” support on a rota basis (24x7x365).
What experience is essential in this role?
- A proven track record working within a busy 1st/2nd line technical support environment or similar IT support role
- Incident management, with excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with all stakeholders, driving situations through to successful closure.
- The ability to demonstrate that you have a flexible and proactive approach to work, with the ability to operate under pressure, including experience of working within an SLA driven environment.
- An excellent understanding of Office 365, Windows 7, 8, 8.1,10, Microsoft Server OS and common Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access.
- Working Knowledge of active Directory Group policy, active Directory User and Security administration, Shared folders and NTFS permissions
- Hardware support skills for laptops, desktops, mobile phones & Tablets
- Proven technical investigation and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with other lines of service, including 3rd line technical support/project and operations teams.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills.
- The ability to document new processes and procedures for use both internally and externally.
What experience is advantageous?
- Knowledge of ITIL Methodologies.
- Familiar with ticket management systems.
- Working knowledge / experienced in working with printers.
- Experienced in working as part of an Out of Hours support team.
What type of personality will be suitable?
- A customer focused, hands-on person with an eye for detail, who can multitask under pressure.
- A quick learner, who responds well to the challenge of working in a busy changing environment.
- A team player; friendly, knowledgeable, dynamic and motivational to others.
- A proactive, driven and professional individual, who can think or their feet and who isn’t afraid to take ownership of issues.
- An individual who will demonstrate a willingness to go that extra mile.
There will be a requirement to work an on-call rota approximately one weekend per month from Saturday 10am – 6pm and Sunday 12noon – 6pm
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Hours of work 8.45am to 5.15pm
If you are interested to find out more about this role please email us or simply send us a copy of your CV
Email your CV to: email@example.com quoting the reference number: NE/JUN2018