Come and join our team- We are always on the look out for talented people to join our expanding team. Do you have the skills and drive to excel in a successful organisation? We would love to hear from you.
The role of the Purchasing/Procurement Assistant is to assist in the planning, implementation, and support of purchasing and procurement.
This includes acquiring resources and products within budget and facilitating communication between the company and its supply chain in order to deliver products and services on time, accurately. The Purchasing/Procurement Assistant will also assist in the objectives of the Commercial Department in order to oversee and maintain quality control.
• Assist in the procurement and management of sourcing strategies from beginning to end.
• Define purchasing recommendations that support business goals, in collaboration with the Commercial Manager and Directors.
• Monitor and review trends in product demands and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future.
• Maintain and develop supplier obligations and service level agreements to the business.
• Maintain and all purchasing policies and procedures in conjunction with support, sales and dispatch departments.
• Liaise with Sales Department in sourcing products for quotations and tenders.
• Analyze trends and market conditions for the present and future pricing, availability, lead-time, and capacity of goods and services.
• Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of sale, and warranties of goods and products with key suppliers and vendors.
• Assist in identification of potential new suppliers in order to secure more cost-effective sources of products and services.
• Monitor vendor performance to ensure quality of servic
• Effectively communicate procurement strategies to Sales Department.
What skills are essential in this role?
• Contract management skills are required.
• Effective bartering and negotiation skills are essential.
• Ability to deal effectively with vendors and suppliers
• Budgeting, inventory, and cost-management skills.
• General knowledge of stock control and logistics.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities in spending strategies, product demands and purchasing timelines through analytical capabilities.
• Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Customer service skills an asset.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
What type of personality will be suitable?
- A customer focused, hands-on person with an eye for detail, who can multitask under pressure.
- A quick learner, who responds well to the challenge of working in a busy changing environment.
- A team player; friendly, knowledgeable, dynamic and motivational to others.
- A proactive, driven and professional individual, who can think or their feet and who isn’t afraid to take ownership of issues.
- An individual who will demonstrate a willingness to go that extra mile.
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Hours of work 8.45am to 5.00pm
If you are interested to find out more about this role please email us or simply send us a copy of your CV
Email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number: PA1/JUL2018