The Role – IT Support Engineer Level 1/2 Support
Job Overview – based on experience.
The Level 1/2 Technical Support Engineer (TSE1) provides basic technical support in a professional manner. They resolve customer issues and close tickets efficiently. The TSE 1 supports small, medium and large customers during both pre-and post-sales periods. They are responsible for ensuring that the customer relationship is managed through proactive customer communications by providing rapid response and guaranteeing that estimated response times are communicated upfront. The TSE 1 is accountable for customer satisfaction by achieving certain prescribed, measurable performance goals on a daily basis.
• Answer Level 1 inbound calls, web-cases, and web chats and assess customer’s technical support needs and handle/route accordingly, using documented procedures and available tools
• Escalate issues appropriately
• Log customer calls appropriately
• Remain knowledgeable of client performance requirements, product line and service offerings
• Maintain awareness of and comply with all client support policies
• Achieve specified performance goals
- Answering and logging Help Desk Calls
- IT Customer Support
- IT Operations – managing and supporting the technical infrastructure (servers and data & voice networks) – through a training programme
- Other IT-related Service and Solutions
- To assist the HELPDESK Facility – escalating calls if telephone fix cannot be achieved. There will also be occasional project work and incidents requiring work outside the usual hours.
- Maintain and support KBS Customer on a day to day basis.
- Processing support requests and ensuring they are responded to in a professional and timely manner and within agreed SLAs
- Inform senior support department of potential problems with a client if unable to resolve itself.
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction by providing prompt and courteous service, requiring minimal assistance from others. Follow all procedures for service calls, including notifying the customer that the service call has been received, including an estimated time of arrival if possible.
- To assist with the administration and maintenance of networking infrastructure, ensuring it is undertaken in a reliable and efficient manner.
- You will be expected to communicate with users via telephone, email, and face to face and should, therefore, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. As well as be comfortable supporting senior management
- To assist the Senior Network Engineers in deploying reliable, scalable, and maintainable corporate and Internet networking infrastructure, according to accepted industry best practices and standards.
- To deploy, maintain and decommission hardware and related technologies – ensuring that this is done to an agreed plan, agreed standards and procedures (e.g. change control) and that the relevant documentation is put in place.
- To assist the team in ensuring that all services are working to appropriate service levels and
- targets and that all necessary monitoring is carried out and that any action required is completed in a professional and timely manner.
- To maintain an awareness of developments in the industry, assist others and to share knowledge in order to improve standards and develop better ways of working.
- To treat all customers and colleagues with respect and to demonstrate a commitment to the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To be customer-focused and dedicated to ensuring a high quality of service
- Demonstrable experience in an IT/Desktop support role
- Full clean driving licence
- To be able to demonstrate proactive work practices
- have an interest in and some knowledge of network administration.
- To be able to demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem-solving and to clearly document any such process
- To have a flexible attitude
- To have good planning and organisational skills
- To have good communication skills
The following would be advantageous:
- Two years prior to technical (IT exposure/experience highly favorable, preferably in an operational environment.
- Vendor certification of the following: Azure, Microsoft 365
- VMWare Experience
- Sonicwall Experience
- IT / ICT vocational or further education qualification would be advantageous
- Previous experience in a highly dynamic and fluid environment with a high degree of customer service.
- Help Desk / Technical support experience.
- Ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
- Ability to follow processes and policies
- Ability to coordinate with corporate-based supportgroups to implement IT changes.
- Project management – technical task execution.